Restore your smile with dental implants
Whether you’re missing just one or a few teeth — or you need an entire smile makeover— our experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeons can place dental implants in nearly everyone. Even if you’ve been told that you don’t qualify for implants, call our office. You just might be surprised.
Dentures are not the best long-term solution for tooth replacement. This is because the jawbone begins to atrophy almost immediately. Within six months, most people experience 40 to 60 percent bone loss. This problem will only get worse unless you take action. The good news is that candidates for dental implants have more options than ever!
Benefits of dental implants
One of the biggest advantages of dental implants is that they look and behave like natural teeth. For more than six decades, dental implants have been the gold standard for permanent tooth replacement for missing teeth. Dental implants have a very long track record of providing superior results and have a success rate of 98 percent. Implants not only boost your self-esteem and willingness to smile, they prevent bone loss and help keep adjacent teeth strong and healthy. Implants are designed to fuse with the bone and are proven to correct signs of facial sagging and collapse that is common with tooth loss. From improved appearance to restored chewing ability, there are many benefits of dental implants that can have a dramatic impact on all areas of your life.
The oral and maxillofacial surgeons of Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery perform dental implants with or without grafting. We can even give you Teeth in a Day! Read on for more information about some of our most widely requested types of dental implants.
All on Four Dental implants
The All-On-4 protocol is our minimal discomfort, Teeth in a Day™ solution for those who need to replace all of their teeth — upper and/or lower. We attach a full arch of prosthetic teeth to just four implants. The prosthesis is permanent (only removable by a dentist) and doesn’t interfere with taste like a denture can.
Key advantages of same day implants
- A single, customized, high-quality prosthesis– Your implants will never need to be replaced, and your All-On-4 prosthesis will last you decades with proper care.
- Sleep through the procedure – The All-On-4 implants may be placed using IV or general anesthesia. The choice of sedation will be based on your medical history and personal preferences.
- Teeth in a day™– This incredibly stable implant protocol allows us to secure a temporary prosthesis either right after your implant procedure or within 48 hours.
- Minimal pain – Your prosthetic will serve as a “bandage” while you heal, significantly reducing your pain and swelling.
- Maximizes available bone – The All-On-4 treatment is a predictable procedure that has been developed to maximize the use of available jawbone.
Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery is one of the few practices in Pennsylvania capable of performing advanced implant procedures without grafting. Utilizing the All-On-4 technique, we can avoid grafting by carefully inserting longer implants into more stable areas of your facial structure. That means just one procedure and a rapid recovery time. And despite the complexity of these procedures, we regularly see amazing results — even in people who haven’t had teeth for years.
Zygomatic implants are an excellent solution for patients who have extensive bone deterioration in the upper jaw and are not eligible for traditional dental implants. Longer than conventional implants, these restorations are anchored directly into the cheek bone (zygomatic bone), which offers a strong foundation. This one-stage procedure does not require bone grafts and promises instant improvement in appearance, functionality and comfort.
Principle benefits of Zygomatic implants:
- Bone grafting is unnecessary
- Upper dentures are eliminated
- Immediate loading technique gives patients same day teeth
- No sinus lift surgery means faster recovery
- Performed under IV sedation or general anesthesia
Overdentures combine the stability of implants with the affordable price point of dentures. Also known as implant-supported dentures, overdentures are a minimally-invasive tooth replacement option. An overdenture has special attachments that fasten on to dental implants. They are removable and can be used on your upper or lower teeth to improve appearance, chewing ability and – most of all — your confidence. Overdentures are more comfortable, more secure and more convenient than traditional dentures. With this conservative tooth replacement option, you can savor your favorite foods and never have to worry that the denture will slip out of place.
Multi-Tooth Implants with Fixed Bridges
When you’re missing many teeth in a row, we’ll use something called a “fixed bridge” instead of individual crowns. Rather than placing a single crown on a single implant, a fixed bridge can replace multiple teeth while sitting on as little as two implants. This simplifies your surgery, which means shorter time-to-teeth and reduced healing time.
In cases where the jawbone is insufficient or too soft to securely anchor a dental implant, you may need a bone graft. Bone grafting is a surgical procedure that replaces and augments areas of compromised or missing bone. When teeth are lost because of decay, trauma or disease, the bone around the absent tooth root will gradually begin to deteriorate. Special bone grafting materials are surgically placed in the affected area. Over a period of months, the graft will promote new bone growth, enabling you to proceed with the dental implant placement. The primary goal of a bone grafting procedure is to create a stable foundation for dental implants, thus optimizing their success rate.
Cost of Dental implants
Dental implants may be more expensive than other restoration options, but their benefits and longevity make them a great investment. Unlike dentures and bridges that must be replaced periodically, implants are designed to last for several decades. That means a lifetime of comfortable chewing, a stunning smile and enjoying the foods you love.
Whether you live in Bucks County or Montgomery County, PA, we’ve made implants affordable by partnering with CareCredit® and Lending Club®.
- CareCredit – A special healthcare credit card that offers 6-, 12-, 18- or 24-month payment plans without interest. They also offer longer-term plans with a reduced APR and fixed monthly payments.
- Lending Club– A loan option with fast offers based on your credit rating.
Affordable dental implants in Feasterville, PA
At Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery in Bucks County, we offer the newest advances in implantology, and welcome the opportunity to give you beautiful new teeth that will last a lifetime. Refresh your smile and reinvigorate your life by calling us today at 215-322-7810. You can also request an appointment using the form at the top of the page. We look forward to meeting you!
Additional Resources on Dental Implants:
- WebMD, Dental Implants https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-implants#1
- org, Full Mouth Dental Implants https://www.perio.org/consumer/full-mouth-implants
- Mayo Clinic, Dental Implant Surgery https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/dental-implant-surgery/about/pac-20384622
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Benefits of Dental Implants https://www.aaid.com/patients_and_public/Benefits_of_Dental_Implants.html