Dental Implants in Langhorne, PA
Beautiful and Fully Functional Tooth Replacement
Many patients choose dental implants because they look and function just like healthy adult teeth. At Innovative Oral Surgery & Dental Implants, we are committed to improving your oral health and confidence. Our board-certified surgeons, Dr. Salin, Dr. Weiner, Dr. Semanoff, and Dr. Nack, use cutting-edge technology and proven techniques to create optimal outcomes for our patients. We offer many types of dental implants for patients in Langhorne, PA, and invite you to contact us for an appointment at our Feasterville-Trevose, PA, location, which is only five miles away.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Three parts work together to form a dental implant: a titanium post, an abutment, and a crown. This design enables your replacement teeth to function just like healthy natural teeth. The post is inserted into the jaw bone, which prevents jaw bone atrophy associated with tooth loss. Removable dentures do not preserve the jaw bone because they rest on the bony ridge within the mouth.
Dental implants also prevent teeth from shifting out of place. Unlike dentures or bridges, they do not require dental adhesives or special cleaning products and do not require a replacement every few years. Your restorative dentist creates and places the final crown which is so lifelike, most people will be unable to tell which tooth is a dental implant.
Types of Dental Implants
Your oral surgeon will create a treatment plan unique to your needs. This plan will include the type, number, and location of implants, as well as the anesthesia used for the procedure. We will design your custom treatment plan during the first visit and walk you through all of your options.
- Single Tooth Replacement. Our surgeons can place a dental implant anywhere you wish to restore a tooth, including front teeth, canine teeth, and molars.
- Multiple Tooth Implants. Using multiple individual implants or an implant-supported bridge, we can restore multiple teeth throughout the mouth.
- Immediate Implants. If you are having a tooth extracted and have sufficient jaw bone, we can place a dental implant at the same appointment.
- Zygomatic Implants. Zygomatic implants are unique in that they are inserted into the cheekbone instead of the jaw bone. These are ideal for patients who cannot receive traditional implants.
- Full-Arch Restoration. Several implant posts can support a fixed denture in one or both arches, creating a fully functioning smile that stays in place at all times.
- Overdentures. Similar to full-arch restoration, overdentures are implant-supported removable dentures. Your denture will fasten to dental implants, and you will remove the denture at night.
What to Expect During the Dental Implant Process
Before surgery, we will take 3D scans of your mouth, explain the steps of your treatment, and answer any questions. Most patients undergo IV anesthesia for dental implant surgery. After the sedation is administered, your surgeon will make an incision in the gum tissue and insert the dental implant. Your prearranged driver will take you home, and your recovery will begin.
It will take several months for the implant to heal. Once healed, we will uncover the implant post and attach the abutment. In some cases, we attach the abutment during the initial procedure and a second surgical visit will not be required. We will also attach a temporary crown to wear while your final crown is being created.
Your gums will need a few weeks to heal after the abutment placement. Then, your dentist will attach your custom, natural-looking crown. Now that your dental implant treatment is complete, you can enjoy your favorite foods with total comfort and show off your beautiful smile!
Types of Anesthesia
We offer a variety of anesthesia choices to ensure a comfortable oral surgery experience.
Where Can I Get Dental Implants in Langhorne, PA?
Our office in Feasterville, PA, is only five miles away from Langhorne, PA, right off of Bridgetown Pike (PA-213). If you live in Langhorne, PA, and would like to find out how dental implants can improve your health and confidence, contact our Feasterville office today.
Hear From Our Patients
A Practice Built On Trust, Innovation, and Clinical Excellence
For over 50 years, we have had the privilege of serving our communities with the highest level of oral surgery care. We love what we do, and we look forward to providing you and your loved ones with an outstanding patient experience and incredible results.