Dental implants are an increasingly popular option for replacing missing teeth. Right here in Langhorne, PA, many people are enjoying the superior function and aesthetics of dental implants, which provide numerous advantages compared to removable dentures. At Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery, it’s our goal to restore your smile so that you can enjoy better self-confidence and overall health. New and current patients are encouraged to schedule a consultation to find out if dental implants in Langhorne, PA, could be a good solution for them.
Taking a closer look at dental implants
A dental implant consists of a titanium post, an abutment, and a crown. The post is screwed into the jawbone to anchor the entire implant. The abutment is a connecting piece that firmly holds the crown, which is the visible part above the gum line. The crown looks, feels, and functions exactly like a natural tooth. Unlike dentures, implants are a far more permanent solution to tooth loss.
The team at Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery can use dental implants to replace just one tooth or many teeth. We can even replace an entire mouth of teeth. For instance, the innovative All-on-4 system involves placing four implants along either the upper or lower arch. We can then place a full arch of artificial teeth onto those four implants.
Exploring the many advantages of dental implants
Whether you have already lost one or more of your natural teeth, or you have damaged teeth that require extraction, dental implants are a great choice for a smile restoration. Why do many patients prefer dental implants over dentures? Because implants offer clear benefits for one’s health, function, and appearance. Take a look at the following advantages:
- Supports your overall health: It can be difficult to enjoy healthy foods with dentures, as biting and chewing can sometimes be challenging. Dental implants work just like natural teeth. This means you can continue to eat the healthy foods you love.
- Prevents bone loss: Did you know that missing teeth can result in reduced density of your jawbone? Dentures can’t maintain your bone mass, but dental implants can.
- Improves your facial aesthetics: Your teeth provide essential support for your facial structure. By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you can prevent undesired changes in the shape of your face that can make you look older.
- Low-maintenance: Unlike dentures, dental implants require no special care. You’ll take care of them just like natural teeth by brushing, flossing, and visiting your dentist regularly.
- Lasts a long time: Dental implants have a high success rate. In fact, in patients who follow good oral hygiene practices, there is a 98% success rate after 10 years of use.
- An economical choice: Although dental implants require more of an upfront investment than dentures, they are more cost-effective in the long run, as dentures need to be replaced periodically.
Schedule a dental implant consultation
The placement of dental implants is a complex surgical procedure that requires skill and expertise to prevent potential complications. It’s important to choose experienced oral surgeons, such as the team at Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery.
Our team is comprised of skillful professionals who are committed to upholding the highest standards of patient care and safety. Explore your dental implant options within our friendly, positive atmosphere. Get in touch today to schedule a consultation.