Though Elkins Park, PA, is full of remarkable American history, residents don’t have to live in the past regarding their oral health. If you or someone you love is missing teeth in Elkins Park, the oral surgeons at Innovative Implant & Oral Surgery can help reinvigorate your health and smile with dental implants.
Why You Should Replace Missing Teeth
Missing teeth, though common, is a serious health issue. Whether from age, injury, or poor hygiene, missing teeth can lead to problems like:
- Tooth Decay and Gum Disease – One missing tooth can increase the risk of decay and gum disease in the others.
- TMJ or TMD – Missing teeth often cause bite misalignment that, in turn, causes temporomandibular jaw joint pain, called TMJ, teeth grinding, headaches, and TMD.
- Jawbone Deterioration – The teeth support the jawbone. Missing teeth can cause the jawbone to shrink.
- Sagging or Wrinkling of the Face – If missing teeth affect the jawbone, the face can start to sag or wrinkle or even change shape.
- Tooth Shifting – Even one missing tooth can cause the other teeth to shift out of alignment.
- Difficulties Speaking and Eating – Gaps in the smile can cause trouble chewing certain foods or pronouncing certain sounds.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Luckily, missing teeth are easily replaced with dental implants. As permanent teeth replacement solutions, implants are made from metal roots implanted into the jawbone and attached to dental crowns.
Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants are long-lasting and can replace single, multiple, or even full sets of teeth while providing:
- Simple maintenance
- Gum and jawbone protection
- Ability to eat all types of foods
- Improved self-confidence
Ideal Dental Implant Patients in Elkins Park
Not every patient with missing teeth is an ideal candidate for dental implants. The ideal patient must have:
- Healthy Gums – Gums support the dental implants and must therefore be strong and healthy enough to do so.
- Bone Density to Support the Implant – As the implant “root” is embedded directly into the jawbone, the jawbone needs to have enough bone density to support it.
- Good Health – Dental implant surgery, though straightforward, is surgery. Therefore, the ideal candidate needs to be healthy enough to withstand the procedure and the recovery.
Talk to your dentist if you’re interested in dental implants but might not meet these qualifications, as recommendations for surgery are often determined on a case-by-case basis.
Dental Implants at Innovative Implant & Oral Surgery in Elkins Park
Innovative Implant & Oral Surgery is here to help replace your missing teeth with Elkins Park dental implants. We use the newest techniques and technology in our implant procedures so all of our patients can enjoy the best outcome possible. If you’re ready to refresh your smile and your oral health, call Innovative Implant & Oral Surgery today.