To help contain the spread of COVID-19, Innovative Oral Implant and Oral Surgery is using teledentistry to evaluate and care for patients in the comfort of their homes. Dental emergencies are bound to happen during the coronavirus pandemic. Teledentistry is the safest and most effective means to triage our patient’s oral health care needs and determine whether an in-office visit is necessary.
Communicating remotely through live video platforms allows our team to evaluate our patients while eliminating unnecessary risks of infection. These virtual consultations are an excellent solution for those who need supportive care and treatment for oral and dental problems during this healthcare crisis.
In short, telecommunication technology allows our doctors to prescribe medication as needed, identify emergency conditions, and address non-urgent problems without a face-to-face consultation.
Teledentistry during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Our doctors offer teledentistry consultations Monday – Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. While a virtual consultation may not always yield a definitive diagnosis, it does provide an opportunity for problem-solving and interceptive care.
Toothaches, lost restorations, and common dental problems can be evaluated and assessed while maintaining social distance. Teledentistry also provides a critical solution to patient care while helping to flatten the curve of novel coronavirus transmission.
Our oral surgeons and dental professionals use a variety of modalities for virtual encounters and patient monitoring, including:
- Live video – Real-time, two-way video, and chat using platforms such as Zoom, FaceTime, or other proprietary platforms.
- Asynchronous communication (store and forward) — Transmission of pertinent health information (such as texts, photos, video, X-rays, or digital impressions) through a secure platform that is reviewed by our staff, who then evaluate the information and respond with treatment protocol.
- Remote patient monitoring – Patient’s personal health data is collected via telecommunication technologies, which is then transmitted to our providers for remote assessment.
Your smartphone, tablet, or computer is all that is needed for secure two-way messaging and a remote problem-focused evaluation. Our team can advise which apps and platforms to use for high-quality audio and visual components.
Managing patient care & treatment remotely
During this stressful period, we remain committed to delivering safe, patient-centric care to residents throughout Montgomery, Bucks and Philadelphia County, PA. Should an in-person appointment become necessary for urgent treatment, rest assured that we have rigorous infection control practices in place.
Until further notice, Innovative Oral Implant and Oral Surgery will be restricting in-office visits to dental emergencies only. As we continue to self-quarantine and shelter in place amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we wish everyone health and safety.
Call 215-322-7810 for more information or to schedule a virtual appointment.
Additional Teledentistry Resources:
- ADA, teledentistry in the Era of COVID-19 https://www.ada.org/en/member-center/coronavirus-resource-toolkit-for-ada-members/teledentistry-in-the-era-of-covid-19
- American Association of Endodontists, COVID-19 Updates & Resources https://www.aae.org/specialty/clinical-resources/covid-19-updates-resources/
- ADA, COVID 19 Coding and Billing Guidance https://success.ada.org/~/media/CPS/Files/COVID/ADA_COVID_Coding_and_Billing_Guidance.pdf