Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery offices in Feasterville and Newtown, Pennsylvania will remain open to provide essential dental care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Safety precautions have always been a priority here. We understand the anxiety you face while social distancing and minimizing unnecessary trips away from home. Rest assured, we have created a safe, sterile environment for your care here. Our team strictly adheres to the latest formal American Dental Association and department of health guidance for minimizing the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
Do You Need To Be Seen By A Bucks County Dentist or Oral Surgeon?
The ADA has recommended that dentists focus on “urgent dental emergencies” at this time. “Emergency” situations include: uncontrolled bleeding, cellulitis, bacterial infections with swelling, facial bone trauma, severe pain, severe third-molar pain, dry socket, abscess, and tooth fractures. In short, if it’s causing you tremendous pain or may significantly compromise your health, we are open to help!
The ADA has also recommended that we postpone all elective surgeries until the department of health feels it is safe. We are happy to reschedule any procedure you had previously planned. “Non-emergency” procedures include wisdom teeth surgery, dental implant surgery, radiographs, extraction of asymptomatic teeth, and aesthetic dental work. If you are over 60 with underlying medical conditions, or are any age with a compromised immune system, we may recommend that you delay treatment—if possible.
We conduct patient screenings over the phone or using innovative teledentistry. You can schedule a virtual consultation regarding a recommended or desired treatment, such as—a new patient inquiry, a second opinion on prior dental care, an exploration of cosmetic dentistry options, or to receive general professional advice about broken teeth, swelling, or soft tissue irritation.
What We Do Before Your Care
- We screen our dental team and surgeons. Just as we screen patients and those that accompany them to ur office, we also screen our team members daily for signs of developing illness.
- Negative Pressure Room – In response to COVID-19 we have installed negative dental operatories to prevent airborne contaminants from leaving the these rooms. This keep other patients, team members and surfaces outside of the surgical operatories free from potential airborne contaminants.
- We minimize your contact with others. Appointments are scheduled apart enough to minimize contact with other patients in the waiting room. If possible, we will use text monitoring, video conferencing, and phone calls to alleviate unnecessary trips to our office. If you are coming into the office but prefer to wait in your vehicle outside the facility, we will contact you by mobile phone when our team has prepared the office for your treatment. Throughout your visit each patient and team members wears masks to prevent transmission.
- Updated Sanitization Protocols. COVID-19-approved disinfecting solutions are used to clean every surface in our office between patients and throughout each day. Reading materials and pamphlets have been removed from the office to prevent contamination. Signs remind patients of social distancing protocols.
What We Do During Your Care
- We choose minimally invasive procedures. Whenever possible, we use the least invasive procedures to help manage your condition and prevent airborne contaminants from being expelled into the dental treatment rooms.
- We use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). We will have alcohol-based hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and no-touch disposal receptacles available for use if necessary. All PPE is disinfected or disposed of between patients.
What We Do After Your Care
- We manage pain safely. In light of the controversy regarding whether ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) should be used for patients with COVID-19, we instead recommend non-ibuprofen containing pain relievers.
- We minimize the risk of unintentional exposure. All frequently touched surfaces and objects are sanitized multiple times a day. Chairs, patient-care areas, bathrooms, door handles, desks, light witches, and restrooms are cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- We can see you remotely. You don’t have to come into one of our offices to receive access to high-quality, personalized dental care. Whenever possible, virtual follow-ups can be scheduled, allowing you to check in from the comfort of your own home. Follow-ups for tooth extraction, and infections can all be done remotely, in most cases.
Need Help, But Would Rather Stay Home?
You can always count on the professionals at Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery for a comfortable office that feels as safe as home. We also understand if you’d rather not come to the office, which is why we allow scheduling for virtual appointments as well.
For your convenience, we intend to keep teledentistry as a convenient, affordable option, even after the COVID-19 pandemic is over. Call 215-322-7810 to book your tele-consultation today or to be seen as soon as possible if you have a dental emergency that cannot wait.