Looking for a mouth full of beautiful replacement teeth in one day? Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery in the Bucks County borough of Newtown has what you need: a revolutionary All-On-4® technique that replaces all upper and/or lower teeth with minimal discomfort and high patient satisfaction in a single visit.
How We Do All-on-4 Dental Implants
All-On-4 dental implants consist of four small titanium screws inserted into the jawbone as anchors. Prosthetic porcelain teeth then attach to the screws to support a fixed full-arch prosthesis with 10 to 14 teeth attached. This type of dental intervention reduces bone atrophy, helps you maintain a healthy appearance, and functions just like a set of natural teeth.
Many patients are fearful of having work done in the mouth, which is why we offer local or general anesthesia, depending on your comfort preferences. We will make sure you are comfortably sedated and monitored prior to preparing the mouth for the implants by removing any damaged teeth and diseased soft tissue.
Next, we will insert two implants in the front of the mouth and two implants in the back to create a denture that can withstand high impact forces. Once the implants are in, we will clean the surgical sites, suture incisions, and take you to a recovery room where you’ll wake up from the anesthesia.
Recovering After the All-on-4 Procedure
Within an hour of surgery, bleeding will have subsided, and you’ll be able to remove the gauze packs placed over the surgical site. You’ll be able to go home shortly thereafter. Avoid smoking, rinsing, or touching the area except for gentle cleaning with a soft bristle brush. We generally recommend a medicated rinse to help control bacterial growth and promote healing.
The following day, you can begin gently rinsing your mouth with salt water 2-3 times per day to reduce pain and swelling. For a couple of days, you should rest on a couch or in bed, avoiding bending, lifting, and strenuous activity. You’ll want to eat soft foods like yogurt, milkshakes, oatmeal, soup, refried beans, cottage cheese, pudding, fruit smoothies, and mashed potatoes for the first few days.
Return to work depends on the individual. Some patients return to work right away, but most folks will want to take at least three or four days off. Total recovery time can range from three to eight months when the bone fuses to the implant, providing maximum stability and support to your winning new smile.
Benefits of All-on-4 Technique
There are numerous advantages to the All-On-4® technique:
- No Grafting – In the past, patients had to undergo extensive bone grafting from animal or cadaver sources, wait several months with missing teeth, and come back to the oral surgeon multiple times.
- Teeth in a Day – Through new technology, we can create the natural smile you desire in our own lab.
- Minimal Pain – The prosthetic itself acts as a bandage while you heal, reducing pain and swelling. Our experienced oral surgeons care greatly about your comfort and opt for techniques to minimize pain.
- Simplicity – Having a single, high-quality prosthesis customized for your mouth gives you a sturdy, simple solution to missing teeth. You brush and floss your teeth just as you would your own.
- Longevity – By angling your back two implants 30-45 degrees and using longer implants, we sturdily secure your prosthesis. With diligent care, your implants should never need replacement.
- General Anesthesia – Our state-of-the-art surgical suites are equipped with general anesthesia. If you wish, we can put you to sleep for your entire All-On-4® implant procedure (we recommend it).
Cost of All-on-4
The cost of All-on-4 dental implants depends on the material you use, how many teeth you need, and your insurance plan. Other factors include your bone quality, the longevity of the materials, and the type of anesthesia selected. If cost is a concern, our office is always happy and willing to work with you to obtain insurance coverage, financing, or credit.
Where to Find All-on-4 in Newtown, PA
Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery offers advanced implant procedures in Newtown, Pennsylvania. Contact us with any questions you have or schedule an appointment with our highly skilled oral surgeons to get the amazing results you deserve.