With today’s dentistry, patients suffering from tooth loss no longer have to struggle with embarrassment at missing teeth and the constant daily care required by traditional dentures. Dental implants provide patients who have lost one or more teeth with a more permanent option that will look and feel like their natural teeth. The professionals at Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery have been helping patients in Newtown, PA, gain confidence and comfort in their smiles.
If you are interested in seeing if dental implants are right for you, contact our offices today.
Dental Implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth
Unlike dentures that can slip or be removed throughout the day, dental implants are a more permanent solution to replacing missing or damaged teeth. In this procedure, the surgeon will position a titanium screw, or “base,” to your jawbone as the foundation. They will then attach the abutment, or connector, and finally install the crown, or artificial tooth.
Dental implants in Newtown can be used to replace just one missing tooth, multiple teeth, or even your entire mouth. The type of implant and procedure used will vary with each patient’s dental needs and restrictions. Many times patients of Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery can walk out with same-day implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
More and more patients are choosing dental implants over dentures, and it’s easy to see why. Dental implants offer many benefits when compared to alternative options. Not only do patients find that implants are typically more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, but they are also better for your overall oral health. Here are some of the major reasons why you should consider implants to replace damaged or missing teeth:
- Prevents bone loss. As soon as you lose a tooth, the tissues in your jawbone begin to shrink and dissolve. Eventually, your jawbone can completely deteriorate, leading to a face that may look sunken-in and aged. Implant posts act similar to tooth roots and will prevent deterioration of the jawbone.
- Increases your confidence. Dental implants look and feel more like natural teeth. Because implants are permanently-fixed, you’ll never need to remove them, and they’ll always stay in place—through every meal, chat, kiss, smile, and more.
- Easy to care for. Taking care of your implants is important, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Because they are much like normal teeth, you simply need to brush, floss, and visit your dentist for routine check-ups.
- A long-lasting solution. Dental implants have a 95-98% dental success rate after 10 years of use in patients with good oral hygiene practices.
- Cost-effective. Dental implants are known to be pricier than other teeth replacement options. However, when you account for the quality, ease of maintenance, and its ability to last up to 25 years, implants will long outlast dentures, making it a cost-effective option over time.
Schedule a consultation today
At Innovative Implant and Oral Surgery in Newtown, you can expect exceptional attention, care, and treatment from our accomplished oral surgeons and other highly-qualified and professional staff. We’ll work with you to determine all of your options and find a solution that works best for your needs, your budget, and your smile.
Request your appointment today and start smiling a little brighter.